The Best Sugar Cookie Recipe (and the Fun Baking Tools You'll Need)
Whether you’re making the holidays sweet with treats to gift to friends and family or you’recreating confections for fun, this delicious sugar cookie recipe will win the day! Use fun baking tools, like spatulas and measuring cups, to make the job easy and oh so enjoyable!
For this simple recipe, you will need:
- Flour - 2 and 3/4 Cups
- Baking Soda - 1 Teaspoon
- Baking Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Softened Butter - 1 Cup
- White Sugar - 1 and 1/2 Cups
- Egg - 1
- Vanilla Extract - 1 Teaspoon
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a fun mixing bowl.
- In a second bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until you see no clumps, then beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Slowly pour and blend the dry ingredients into the above mix (use your fun baking tools to keep the mess at a minimum).
- Take teaspoonfuls of dough into your hand and make round balls, then put those onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Let these bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Yum!
Add frosting and decorations to really make these confections festive, wrap them in a cute box to make a handcrafted gift, or enjoy them plain with coffee or tea!
- Alan Olmstead